Welcome To Our IAG Service
Community Safety Net (CSN)
CSN (Community Safety Net) is our advice project, this service is a culturally sensitive, client centred service which is open to all within a 1.5-mile radius of the Nishkam Centre, we are familiar with the dynamics that affect ethnic communities and provide additional language support through our caseworkers and volunteers. The service provides advocacy, casework, assistance with mandatory reconsideration, and representation for Social Welfare Law including providing written submissions and liaising with Tribunal. We guide and empower clients through coaching and mentoring, provide self-help workshops, inform and advice regarding tribunal hearings and how to navigate the appeal process. The aim of this program is to empower people so that they become self-sufficient through self-help. For the most vulnerable we assist via face-to-face through casework.
For Welfare Benefits we are able to provide assistance through the different pathways such as self-help, aspects of welfare benefits and social security law including:
Maximising income through welfare benefits
- Benefit applications including Universal Credit and disability benefits
- Backdating claims
- Suspensions and overpayments
- Disputing refusal of benefits such as Personal Independence Payment(PIP), Disability Living allowance, UC and Attendance Allowance all the way up to tribunal level appeals
We are able to provide assistance through different pathways such as self-help in most aspects of housing law including:
- Assistance to complete your own Housing applications – We will advise on the Birmingham City Council Home Choice Website
- Rent arrears
- Emergency repairs and emergency help pertaining to situations where there is no electric or gas
- Options on how to deal with your debts, Setting up payment plans
- Negotiation with creditors
- Disputing liability for debts.
For further information on our CSN services contact the Nishkam Centre reception on 0121 515 4229
HM Courts and Tribunal Service (HMCTS)
We also provide Support Services for HMCTS for people who need Digital Support and need assistance with social security law appeals.
We provide help and support for the following services:
Social Security and Child Support – to appeal a benefit decision:
- Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
- Universal Credit
- Employment Support Allowance
- Pension Credit
- Carers Allowance
- Attendance Allowance
- Funeral Payments
- Guardians Allowance
- Child Benefit
- Income Support
- Bereavement Allowance
- Child Maintenance (Child Support)
- Vaccine Damage Payment
- NHS Recovery Claims
- Diffuse Mesothelioma Payment Scheme
- Winter Fuel Payment
- Tax Credits
- Sure Start Maternity Grant
- Maternity Allowance
- Compensation Recovery Scheme
Call We Are Digital on 03300 160051
- Email We are Digital at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Text FORM to 60777
We are Digital can then book you at the Nishkam Centre
Nishkam Integrated Care & Connectivity project
Nishkam is working as a consortium with Nishkam Healthcare Trust to provide a wraparound holistic service. We will be providing support with an emphasis on early intervention within their various sectors and patient education.
1) Nishkam Mental and Emotional Wellbeing Service: Emphasis on engaging hard to reach areas of the community with high levels of stigma and providing counselling service.
2) Nishkam Pharmacy: Screening of high-risk population for hypertension, obesity and Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, plus targeted group interventions for people already living with these conditions to support their ability to self-manage.
3 Nishkam Schools project: hope to begin outdoor activities for children to improve mental wellbeing and reduce childhood obesity
4) NCA wellbeing service: physical activities & improving mental wellbeing for the elderly and most vulnerable
5) NCA IAG service: offering information advice and guidance services to address the wider determinants of healthcare
Windrush Compensation Scheme Claimant Assistance
Nishkam Centre is providing face-to-face support to assist people with preparing their Windrush Compensation scheme claim. We will fill out the claim form, scan identity documents, scan evidence documents to support the claim, and prepare the claim for submission, either via email or post. The support also includes talking with the claimant about their experiences to help them appropriately convey what has happened to them and asking additional questions to capture details for a successful claim. We also support claimants with applying for probate on estate claims relating to the Windrush compensation scheme.
To check availability please contact We Are Digital at: