Beginner and Intermediate Punjabi Language Courses for Adults
what you will learn in the next 10 sessions
About the Course:
Punjabi is a language that is widely known and spoken by approximately 104 million people throughout the world. Spoken in India, areas of Pakistan, Kenya and other countries; Punjabi is now the 11th most spoken language in the world and 2nd most in the UK. Like many other languages Punjabi has changed as the years have gone on. Growing and developing by including many local jargons and terms from the many different regions where it is spoken.
Why study Punjabi at the Nishkam Centre?
Learning Punjabi within the Nishkam Centre will give you the guidance and the cultural atmosphere that will help you improve your language, and support you on your way to understanding the background behind Punjabi.
We are always trying to educate and empower individuals by learning the skill of another language. This allows people to open themselves up to communicate with others increasing their employability and social skills.
What we are offering:
Basic Punjabi Speaking Course
Taster Session (free): Wednesday 18th April 2018
- 10 weeks course
- Day: Wednesdays
- Date: 18th April to 4th July 2018
- Times: 6.00pm – 7.30pm
- Cost: £40.00
- Levels: Beginner
- Punjabi Alphabet
- Small words
- Small sentences
We are offering beginner’s classes for you to learn to read, write and speak Punjabi. This not only offers the chance to learn a new, exciting and upcoming language and the opportunity to better engage with Sikh scriptures and history.
Basic Punjabi: Reading and Writing
This is a beginner’s level Punjabi class for individuals who have little or no knowledge or experience of reading and writing Punjabi.
- Recognising the letters of the Punjabi Alphabet
- Learning the sounds of the Punjabi letters
- Learning the Vowels and Symbols
- Create small words and short sentences in Punjabi
Duration: 10 weeks
Punjabi Intermediate Course
- Revisit the alphabet Gurmukhi Pentee
- Exercise to practice the skills you have already learnt
- Increased reading, writing, speaking and listening exercises
- Building basic grammar and sentence construction
- Letter writing
- Increased vocabulary with comprehension, reading and writing tasks, relevant assessments.
Duration: 10 weeks
For more information or to discuss the course please call 0121 515 4229 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To register for the course please click here.