An action learning workshop on Corporate Social Responsibility CSR is becoming a well established function in many private and public sector organisations, but the third sector is lagging behind in formally investing in planning and implementing CSR.
This workshop has been designed specifically to encourage and facilitate senior managers in social and community organisations to quickly grasp the fundamentals of CSR and the Business in the Community’s model as a framework for preparing and implementing a CSR strategic plan. The workshop is highly interactive and requires participants to engage in action learning throughout the day.
Upkar is Emeritus Professor of Enterprise Development and was formerly the Director of Corporate Social Responsibility (2008 to 2010) and the Dean of Birmingham City Business School (1996 to 2008). Upkar has been supporting local communities in Birmingham and West Midlands for 30 years. He is currently Chairman of The Drum; Vice Chairman of the Nishkam Centre in Birmingham; Vice Chairman of the Nishkam Education Trust (NET); and Trustee of Kyra Education and Training (a Catholic charity). He is currently working with the Government of Ethiopia and the European Union as an expert advisor to help establish the first international Business School and Business Innovation Centre at Addis Ababa University. Upkar awarded the Officer of the Order of British Empire (OBE), for services to higher education, in January 2006.
Who should attend?
CEOs, Managing Directors and senior managers responsible for developing sustainable and socially responsible organisations. The workshop will be of great value to those working in the Social Enterprises. and other the public sector and the voluntary sector organisations. The workshop will also benefit marketing and PR professionals who are keen to engage with their local communities and stockholders. The workshop is a must for senior managers and officers responsible for developing strategies to protect the environment and to ensure that their organisations comply with the latest legislation and the requirements to protect the environment.
Benefits and learning outcomes
- Gaining a better more comprehensive Benefits and learning outcomes
- Gaining a better more comprehensive understanding of what CSR is and how it will benefit your organisation
- Understanding the building blocks of the Business In The Community Corporate Responsibility Model
- Learning from others - see how others are applying and benefiting from CSR
- Identifying new areas where your organisation needs to develop policies
- How to communicate and highlight the business benefits of corporate responsibility both internally and externally
- Learn about the contents of a good CSR strategic plan for your business
- All delegates will go away with an action plan
Standard - £25.00 per delegate
Early Bird Offer - £20.00 per delegate
3rd Sector - £15.00 per delegate
All tickets are inclusive of a vegetarian lunch.
To book your tickets go to Eventbrite, https://tinyurl.com/ycxtqyw3
For further infomation, please contact the Nishkam Centre, Events Team